Monday, February 1, 2010

A New Year, An Organized Me!

It's been 8 long months since I have even thought about blogging! The main reason I wanted to start a blog was so I could remember different phases in our kids life. Since my last post, we have added a new baby boy, Noah Lee, to our family!! It's been a crazy adjustment, but I can't imagine life without him. The kids absolutely adore him. However, at the hospital when we asked Ben if we could bring Noah home....he said no. Now, he just wants to kiss and hold him all day. I can't wait to see the bond that develops as they get older. Kaitlin is in kindergarten...and she's such a smarty! She can read just about any book you give her. It's amazing! Her handwriting is beautiful. She is such a social butterfly! She never meets a stranger. Kiley is a little chatter box these days! And, she loves to do whatever her big sister does. Benjamin is 80% potty trained! He has no accidents at home, but I haven't brought him on any long excursions in underwear yet...maybe I should, but I would probably have a melt down if I was out with 4 kids and he had an accident! LOL He's so proud of himself! And so are we! He talks so much these days. I love that he can finally tell me what he's thinking! Noah will be 7 weeks old in 2 days! It's gone by so fast...he's out of his newborn clothes,in size 1 diapers, and eating all the time! At his 4 week check up he weighed 10lbs 6oz! I see a little bit of each of our kids in him. He has Kaitlin's blue eyes, he looks like Kiley's baby pictures, but he looks like Ben now. A week ago he started smiling and cooing. Everyone keeps asking us if we're done...maybe 1 more!
Kaitlin will be playing soccer soon and Kiley and Ben want to do gymnastics. I love that they are so active and full of energy! I have been looking for a Mother's Day out program to put Kiley and Ben in, but I'm not having any luck...they really need some kids their age to play with.
Kaitlin had such a fun 6th birthday! We had a cooking party. The kids got to make pizzas and decorate cupcakes. I sewed them all aprons, and they looked too cute wearing them! We're so proud of the person Kaitlin is growing to be. She is so positive and loves everything about everything! She has a heart for God, and it shows!
I wish I could catch up on the 8 months of blogging I didn't do because so many wonderful things happened! Tomorrow I start organizing our paperwork. This is a big deal, because it is not fun, so I really don't want to do it! My plan is to get Kevin's paperwork in perfect order...and keep it that way! I would love to have all of this done by Friday, but with my other job (being a Mommy), I could have some delay. But, if I'm going to be organized, then I can't let anything get in my way. Hmmm, maybe the kids would like to have a "filing party"...I'm sure I can find some way to make that seem fun! After the business stuff is all organized, then I plan to start getting our schedules organized. I would love to have activties for the kids planned out and have meals for the week planned too! I think things would be so much less stressful if I could have little things like that planned out ahead of time.
I'll be so happy once this crazy cold winter is over...we have been couped up in this house for way to long! I mean, temperatures in the 'teens!!!, I am not made for that!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

Did you ever check out my blog? I tried to access your Photography website but still having issues? I have not stopped thinking about your girls since we visited. They are sooo fun!!! I told Mike we should have them over again!!! Let's get together again!!! Mike's bday is coming up and so is Mine!!! LOL!