Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

We've been keeping busy around here! Going to the park, eating ice cream, going to Yogurtland, trying to keep the kids busy! They keep me laughing all day!
I took them to the park by our house and took some pictures, and I LOVE the way they turned out!!! We had a family reunion on March 27th. It was so nice to meet a lot of Kevin's family! Here's the Lavenders!
Kaitlin wrote a letter to President Obama and in March she got a letter back from him! Here she is reading it to all of us! She is such a great reader and reads all the time. We will get her 7 books at the library every week (chapter books!), and she will read them all twice before we bring them back a week later! Her love for reading amazes me. Kiley told me, "Mommy, when I grow up I am going to be a cowgirl." Ben followed up with, "When I grow up I'm going to be a alligator"...see? These kids keep me laughing all the time!
We took the kids to the drive-in in early April. They had such a fun time...as usual! All 4 of them would race to the screen and see who could make it back first. They drank root beer, ate junk food, and enjoyed the warm (finally!) weather! How cute is Kiley's outfit?! ;) She picked out her outfit all by herself! Stripes, plaid, and leopard print...perfection! Oh, BTW, how cute are they?!?!! Everywhere I go I get asked if they are twins! We visited Neil and Tiffany 2 weeks ago and stayed Friday through Sunday. Kevin had an extremely busy weekend ahead of him, I knew we wouldn't be seeing him, so we packed up and headed to Wichita Falls. We all had such a great time! The kids played outside a lot, we went to a nature center type place, and Neil even watched all the kids so Tiffany and I could go antique shopping! I got a new photo. prop...a green chair! I just know it's going to photograph beautifully! Now, to find some time to use it! :) The girls with Nina: Kaitlin lovin' on Noah! Pure preciousness (is that even a word?). My 2 blue eyed blondies! My mom, the kids, and I went to Shaw Kemp Ranch's open house. They open their beautiful farm up once a year. We went 6 years ago when Kaitlin was a baby and took pictures of her in the bluebonnets. They've got old cabins, seesaws, and lots of "old stuff" to look at. We did pictures in the bluebonnets, but it's so stressful trying to get pictures of 4 kids. I got a bunch of great ones, but I've only edited one. :) But, before we left, Kaitlin and Ben picked me some flowers!! Six years later, to the day!, since we have taken bluebonnet pictures of her and so much has changed! She has grown into the most caring, honest, beautiful, and loving person I know!
We had an Easter egg hunt at church and Kaitlin found the prize egg! She was beyond excited!! She ended up getting a cute little green frog. :) We had a little Easter party for our Gopher Buddies at church on Wednesday. I think they had a good time! Neil, Tiffany, and Aiden came in to town on Saturday. We did some shopping, ate frozen yogurt, and finished up the day eating cajun food at Boo Ray's! The next day was Easter! The kids woke up super excited! We finished cleaning the house, the boys and kids rode jet skis, and then we came home and got started on the cooking. Kevin and the kids dyed eggs. :) The grandparents got the kids cute little Easter presents! They have such great grandparents! It was so nice to have everyone over the Easter, and the kids loved having the egg hunt at their house. Their was soooo much food! Good food! Their were tons of eggs and I think everyone had a full basket! I had such a great time. After the egg hunt, came the silly string fight!! Ben thought this was the greatest thing ever! Noah would aim the bottle at people and make a squirting sound like he was spraying people, haha! I think he'll be a pro like his big brother by next year. :)

Noah is loving "playing" hide-and-go seek! He puts his head on the ground, says 1,2,3 and then stands up (and in his own language) says ready or not here I come! He can repeat just about any word I say to him! When I get him out of the bathtub he kicks his feet to get the water off and says, "kick kick kick"!!! He learned it by watching me get Ben and Kiley out of the tub, because I always make them kick their feet to shake off some water and I say kick kick kick while their kicking. :) He's such a big boy! He learns so much by watching his brother and sisters. He is amazing. They're all amazing! God is so good!

No comments: