Saturday, March 13, 2010

Let the break begin!

This is our first Spring Break to actually look forward to (since we've always had all the kids at home with us). But, since Kaitlin is in school, we actually want to "celebrate" this week. I would like to do something fun everyday for them. Tonight after soccer practice (I'll get to that later), we ate at Mark Dean's BBQ with Kevin's side of the family. Love, love, love every one of them. It was late so Noah wasn't in the best mood. Lately he's been going to sleep around 7-7:30 and we got to the restaurant at 7...so, Noah got to be held the entire time. :) I have finally accepted the fact that Noah is colicky. Car rides are no fun, beacause my poor baby screams the whole time. At home, when he's awake, I usually have to hold him. I LOVE to hold him, but it's hard to do things and spend time with everyone else when I have a baby in my arms. Hopefully I can get all of our baby toys out of storage soon. I'm sure something bright and colorful that makes lots of noise will entertain him. I just pray everyday that this colic will go away.
Kaitlin had her first soccer game last weekend, and they WON! Go Incredibles!! She's so cute the way she just bounces around the soccer field.
After her game, I took Kaitlin to a NAM interview. NAM is National American Miss. It's a beauty pageant that isn't about dressing your daughter up to look like an adult. NAM is more about inner beauty and teaching children interview skills for later in life. My little chatter box should never have interview problems. Well, I got a call a few days ago and her interview went well! They would like to have her for a call back in April!
Later that night, Kevin and I went on our first date since before Noah was born. We went to Olive Garden and then saw 2 movies! It was a well needed date night. I sure have missed my alone time with my favorite man! It's nice to feel like just a wife sometimes...
On March 8th, we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversay. Every year we go to Texas de Brazil! This year we brought all of the kids, and boy was that interesting. Thank goodness they have an elevator to get to the bathroom, because with 4 kids there were a lot of potty trips! I'm glad we got to have a date night a few days before, because there was nothing relaxing or romantic about our dinner that evening. Haha!
Kaitlin is about to lose her first tooth! She's so excited! I remember when I was little and had a loose tooth, it was all I could think about. Everytime I look at Kaitlin she's wiggling that thing! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. I can't believe how fast they are all growing up! Noah will be 3 months old in a few days! He LOVES smiling and "gooing" right now. We have little "conversations" all day. His face just lights up when you talk to him, and he always has so much to say back. Ben is really into counting lately! It's the cutest thing ever to hear him count everything. While we're reading, he'll just randomly start counting things on the page. We have such smart kids. Kiley is my little dress up princess right now. As soon as she wakes up, she'll pick her first princess outfit for the day. She'll usually go through 3 different outfits everyday.
How did Kevin and I end up so blessed? We have the sweetest, most beautiful, loving, caring, and well behaved children! Thank you God for trusting us with these special gifts!

No comments: